Wilmington’s Fun on The Fourth celebration will be held beginning on June 30 – July 3 at the Town Common. The Carnival will be held on the WHS student parking lot on Middlesex Ave.
Police Officers will be on foot throughout the carnival and along the surrounding streets. Any suspicious activity should immediately be reported to a police officer. You can also report suspicious activity by dialing 911. If you see something, say something.
Officers will be on duty in our Mobile Precinct which will be parked on the grass along Middlesex Ave. Lost and Found items will held inside the Mobile Precinct.
There are several major changes this year that we would like to make the public aware of:
- PARKING WILL BE EXTREMELY LIMITED. There will be public parking available at Wilmington High School. We encourage attendees to walk or take one of the event shuttle buses. Illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and possibly towed. Bus stop locations are:
- Bus #1: Wildwood School, Woburn Street School, North Intermediate School, & Former Whitfield School site (Middlesex Ave next to Reading Co-op Bank)
- Bus #2: Town Hall
- Bus #3: Shawsheen School & Town Beach
- Bus #4: Boutwell School, Deming Way, Friendship Lodge (32 Church Street)
- PARKING WILL BE EXTREMELY LIMITED….we really want to stress this. Wildwood Cemetery will be closed to all vehicles and pedestrians on Saturday, July 2 due to fireworks regulations.
- Wildwood Street will be closed to all vehicle and foot traffic from Middlesex Ave to the Wildwood School beginning at 8AM on July 2. Once the school lot is filled, the road will be closed at Woburn Street. Residents & their guests will be able to come and go as they please from Woburn Street.
- Middlesex Avenue will be closed from the top of the Town Common to Adams Street from approximately:
- 5pm – 10pm on Thursday & Friday
- 7am – 11pm on Saturday
- 7am – 9pm on Sunday
- School Street & Drury Lane will be closed at the same times as Middlesex Ave. Residents & their guests will be able to come and go as they please from Glen Road.
- Fun on the Fourth information can be found on the Wilmington Fourth of July Committee’s website: www.funonthefourth.com
- If you have any additional questions regarding Fun on the Fourth events, parking, or road closures, please contact the Fourth of July Committee. Please do not call the Police Department.
- The Wilmington Police Department will be posting event information on our Facebook & Twitter pages throughout the weekend.